Window Replacement: 5 Things to Know Before You Replace Your Windows
Deciding on a window replacement for your home can be a big decision, especially when you don’t have a big budget. So, when you are ready to replace your home’s windows consider these 5 things:
- Upgrade Your Home with Energy-Efficient Windows. If you are doing a window replacement for your home, you may as well save some money in the long run. By choosing energy-efficient windows, you can help to block air leakage from the interior and exterior, which allows your home’s heating and cooling systems to work less and save you money on your energy costs. Windows that are also insulated will help to keep warm air inside during colder months and hot air outside in hotter months.
- The More Panes the Better. When choosing windows for your home’s window replacement, the number of panes in the window DOES matter. Double or triple-paned windows can provide significant energy savings and can pay for themselves over time in the money you’re saving on your energy costs. With the added insulation of a type of gas such as argon or krypton, double and triple-paned windows are the way to go to ensure your home is running as efficiently as possible.
- Make it Fit. The key to efficient windows that will last their entire warranty is proper installation. If you are doing a large scale window replacement, it is recommended that you hire us at Crown Builders to do the work correctly the first time. Proper installation and insulation around windows not only ensures that they have the perfect fit, but also that they are free from drafts and your frames and walls are protected from the outside elements.
- Leave a Little Extra for Trim. Don’t blow your whole budget on the window replacement alone. When planning your budget, consider buying new trim to complement the new windows. Especially since your old window trim has a good chance of being damaged when the windows are being removed for the new ones to be installed, buying new trim will ensure that your new windows look great in their new home.
- Choose Functionality. Choose to replace your old windows with ones that are not only aesthetically pleasing, but also have high functionality for your needs. New window construction includes options with and without screens, or with options that make cleaning and maintenance a snap.
If you are planning for a window replacement in the Charlotte, North Carolina area, call us at Crown Builders today. We offer a wide variety of replacement windows to meet each individual homeowner’s needs. Visit our showroom now!